Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mildocjr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Since having the ATV4 and updating it to the first ATV4 update I've noticed wireless connection issues. The ATV will forget the network connection but when I go into the Network Connections no wireless APs show up. It's a really weird issue and I figured it would be fixed after updating to the next tvOS version. I'm still having the same issues. I haven't tried resetting the Apple TV but I'm curious if anyone else is having the same issues with their Apple TV. I saw a few posts around the web and in Apple discussions, but it wasn't resolved, one user even replaced their Apple TV with a new one to try and resolve the issue. I had the same issue using an Airport Extreme and my current Airport Time Capsule. I can restart the Apple TV and network connectivity is restored. I've since hooked up an Ethernet cable and even after long periods of sleep it doesn't drop the connection, which I didn't expect that to happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.