Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoachimvM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2024
Hi there, I’ve got an issue with the internet speed on my Apple TV 4K (2022). It’s seems to be capped at 100MBs while connecting to my (mesh) network with 1000/100. This happens on WiFi (5Ghz) and Ethernet.

My set up is as follows. I’ve got a Sagemcom modem with a TP- Link BE65 connected to it as an Acces Point. In my home there are 4 BE65 units in total providing a superb mesh network. All my devices (iPhone, IPad, Mac etc) have splendid high speed connections.

But my 2 Apple TV’s don’t. Ofcourse they do just fine with max 100mb, but they are not even close compared to the rest. The strangest thing is, that on an other WiFi network (not mesh) they do reach the higher speeds.

So what can I do? I’ve tried resetting the BE65’s, the Apple TV’s. Forgetting the network an reconnecting. I’ve also tried the standard Wifi Router mode instead of the Acces Point mode of the BE65, but that did not do a thing.

I’ve searched many topics about similar issues, but can’t seem to find an answer why my Apple TV’s lower the internet speed to 100mb.

Anyone here that can help?

JoachimvM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2024
It all had to do with the Ookla Speed Test that wasn’t picking the right server. It now shows the speeds wich are close to my 1Gb connection.

Reactions: Boyd01 and Nermal
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.