Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

axe9920

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
The remote no longer swipes, it works in every other way, but suddenly stopped swiping and the 'gentle tap' (for seeing where a screensaver is for example). It works using my iPhone, just not the physical remote anymore.

I've tried updating, installing the public beta, restarting, leaving it off for a day, disconnecting and reconnecting the remote, charging the remote, turning the swipe off and on again in the menu.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
James

Reactions: kboller07

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Clickpad﹥Click and Touch|Click Only

I'm wondering if someone accidentally disabled the swipe feature in the ATV settings? I have it turned off because it annoys me.

Reactions: axe9920

axe9920

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
Tried both of those. Holding the home and volume down button for 5 seconds resets the remote, or at least disconnects it, is there another way?

I have that setting turned on, I tried knocking it off and on to try and wake it up, but still nothing.

axe9920

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
I've tried everything on that page, just been through them again to be sure and it still doesn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.