Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4jasontv

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
I just picked up an Apple TV 4k (32gb) and started signing into services I pay for. The feature that really sold me was the Apple TV app that brings all of your content together into one place. I really like the idea, but I can't figure out how to get the Apple TV app caught up to where I am in content. For example, I am on season 6 of GOT, but the Apple TV app really wants me to start over with season 1 episode 1. The HBO app knows where I left off, but not the Apple TV app.

Is there a way to go in and tag content I have already watched so it can start suggesting the next episode I want?

I also see a need to do this in the future when I may watch an episode (or binge half of a series) at a friends place and want to mark the show as watched without having to actually watch it again.

Other question: how does it know what Netflix user account to sync with? It never asked me when setting it up. Does it sync with all of them or just the first one it lists?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.