Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awintersdaybyth

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
I keep getting this message when trying to watch content from my iMacs iTunes library on Apple TV 4K. The files themselves are stored on a WD MyCloud NAS drive that iTunes is pointed to. I can airplay the files fine from the iMac, but its kind of annoying to have to do this every time rather than being just able to play them straight from "Computers" on the Apple TV.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? I've tried resetting the apple tv, restarting the iMac but nothing seems to work

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Hi buddy!
Sign out of Home Sharing on both your Apple TV and Mac

Reauthorise your Mac in iTunes again.

Restart your router & turn off WiFi on your Mac and turn it back on again.

Hopefully these ideas will inspire :)

awintersdaybyth

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the tips. I have tried both of these already (sorry, should have made that clear!). The restarting router thing definitely doesn't work, the signing out of Home Sharing worked for a bit but then the problem came back again after a short while.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Damn. HomeSharing was a HUGE problem for me back in the iOS9 days were I had to sign out of HomeSharing everyday on my iPhone and then sign back in otherwise it would spend forever trying to connect and then it would simply hang up!

Has it only just started with this problem? Has the Apple TV had a recent OS update etc?

awintersdaybyth

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
The problem has started in the last two weeks or so. The Apple TV is set to automatically update so will be on the latest OS.

I guess its a fairly "first world problem", but a bit irritating none the less!

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
The problem has started in the last two weeks or so. The Apple TV is set to automatically update so will be on the latest OS.

I guess its a fairly "first world problem", but a bit irritating none the less!

Yes that's probably the latest update that is causing the problem.
May be worth noting with Apple support.

Sav0

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2021
I had the ‘there’s a problem loading this content' error and tried all of the suggested fixes above and others. Nothing worked. At some point my NAS had updated itself and it automatically allocated itself an IP address instead of the static one I’d assigned it. Apple TV couldn’t find the NAS at the old IP address and may have been locked into the original address with the ‘short cut’ on the Apple TV app. It kept up with the ‘there’s a problem loading this content’ error. Eventually I worked out what the problem was (as a result I am now grey haired and look wizen) and changed the IP back to the original static IP address. All works as before.
I’m putting this here as I will probably have the same thing happen again.
Asustor NAS
Mac dekstop late 2015
iOS 10.15 (nearly 11.1 to try and fix this problem)
Apple TV 4K TVOS 14

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.