Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
Iphone15promax, ios 17.6.1, regions debit card,

suddenly this morning i get an email from apple saying i need to finish adding my debit card that i have used for at least 2 years w my apple wallet previously. When i go there i am instructed to reboot. I do. Apple throws out all my cards, i must start over. I have rebooted my iphone at least 4 times today. Added back all my cards each time i reboot, except my regions debit card to apple wallet. Apple says i must go to the vendor for authorization. Apple will not add it back like the previous 2 years.

Apple says it is Regions Bank. Regions bank says it is VISA, VISA says it is Regions bank. The accounts (region) is the USA. I have deleted the Apple Wallet several times and reinstalled.

Who is lying?

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
My bank says there is nothing stopping the use of the card. Regions says its not us. VISA says not us. Apple says call Regions. Somebody is lying. Maybe Apple's product doesn't work? I can charge anything to the card my credit is great. Maybe Apple's product does not work anymore.

Is anyone else experiencing this pass the buck? Guess its a fallacy an iPhone can load and use my credit cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digital Dude

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
The real issue IMO is that Apple will not admit their Apple Wallet software is a failure. It's outrageous that they will lie about the Apple Wallet, blaming our banks, rather than admit their software failure.

Rustyfan

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2019
Woodstock, IL
Your bank determines if you can use your credit/debit card in Apple Wallet, not Apple. I have friends in Europe that can't add certain debit cards as their bank won't allow it. How is that Apple's fault or having a software failure. The financial institution is in charge. If it worked in the past and not now, there was some change with your bank. As for a new card and then when the new card arrives, try to re-add it to wallet.

Digital Dude

macrumors 65816
My bank says there is nothing stopping the use of the card. Regions says its not us. VISA says not us. Apple says call Regions. Somebody is lying. Maybe Apple's product doesn't work? I can charge anything to the card my credit is great. Maybe Apple's product does not work anymore.

Is anyone else experiencing this pass the buck? Guess its a fallacy an iPhone can load and use my credit cards.
Yes, I've experienced that too, but over time it seemed to correct itself.

Ben J.

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2019
Oslo
My bank (Sbanken) was bought by a bigger bank (DNB) a couple of years ago, and it resulted in us customers losing Wallet/APay. I initiated the process of changing to a different bank. I think I was not the only one because I'm still waiting for a response to the bank switch, and recently got a notification that the Wallet compatibility will be back before christmas. Consumer power. 💪

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.