Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
OK so has setting your Individual Contacts to have different vibrations on your phone/wrist always been there as a choice or is it something new in the new software update 2.2? I remember you could set ringtones. I really should explore my watch and the manual more to see what it can do. I just set a unique one for my spouse. Cool.

Guess I should add, go to Contacts on your phone, select one, go to Vibration and select from the list. Customized option as well.

Thai

Suspended
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado
This only applies to phone. Where are you seeing different vibration or ringtone for different contacts on the Watch???? As far as I know, there is only one ringtone and one vibration on Watch for everyone.

Reactions: ladytonya

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Just had my spouse call me and you're right, the phone vibrates but not the Watch. I have my Watch Contacts mirrored as like the Phone so guess I got excited thinking it would pass along the Haptic pattern to the Watch. Seems like it should be able to. Sure would be nice when your watch is set not to ring but you could still get the haptic vibration. Disappointed now. How hard would that be for Apple to do?

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Huh? Not the question, nor a programmer, and besides would never install jailbreak software. Never know where it's been. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.