Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GTimG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2021
Switzerland
Hi all,
I'm having some issues with the stand recognition on my AW 6.
After wearing it in the night, it won't recognize that I'm standing.
This abillity can be restored by restarting iPhone and Watch, which is really annoying.

Has anyone expierenced this problem too and/or knows a solution?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day! :)

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Exactly what are you doing as part of this stand routine? If you are literally just standing on the spot and not moving it will not register.

GTimG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2021
Switzerland
Exactly what are you doing as part of this stand routine? If you are literally just standing on the spot and not moving it will not register.
I actually walked for a solid 10 minutes. The watch even counted my steps, but did not register that I was standing.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Definitely not right then. Sorry, I don’t know what else to suggest other than re-pairing your watch with your phone.

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
The way the watch registers that you are standing is by swinging your arm. You can be sitting in your chair and if you swing your arm back and forth it will register as a stand. I recommend you walk with an exaggerated arm swinging motion as if you’re marching and it will definitely register. Try to do it when no is around cos you’ll look ridiculous though 😄

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.