Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maryh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2018
I use the fitness tracker that come with the Apple watch for swimming and exercise activity but I would like to view the results on my iMac (bad eyesight), I can't see you can use this on the iMac any ideas..
Thanks

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
I haven't heard of anything yet, but I'd be interested to find out if something came up.

Apple has been adamant about keeping Health data private (it gets anonymized before it goes out to third parties and researchers via HealthKit), so Apple themselves would be the ones to build something into macOS to receive it.

maryh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2018
Thank you I think sometimes apple are creating their own destruction as they force users to act and perform how they don't want to. Really love the app on my apple watch but just not making the best of it as I can't see the data properly. Bought at 27" iMac for a reason. Feel apple will lose a lot of the market for their lack of customer focus ...

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
There are some third-party apps whose collected data can be viewed in a website interface. Strava comes to mind, though I don't know if that app records swimming.

Also, in case you weren't aware of it, it's worth pointing out that rudimentary data collected from the watch can be viewed in the Activity app on the iPhone. That's still obviously hardly to read than on a Mac, but it's at least an option.

mk313

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2012
You can use an app like RunGap that will take the data from your Apple Watch fitness app and share it with other sites that can be viewed via web browser, like Strava, etc

maryh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2018
There are some third-party apps whose collected data can be viewed in a website interface. Strava comes to mind, though I don't know if that app records swimming.

Also, in case you weren't aware of it, it's worth pointing out that rudimentary data collected from the watch can be viewed in the Activity app on the iPhone. That's still obviously hardly to read than on a Mac, but it's at least an option.
Thanks
You can use an app like RunGap that will take the data from your Apple Watch fitness app and share it with other sites that can be viewed via web browser, like Strava, etc
[doublepost=1516578291][/doublepost]
Ahh ok thank you yes, it is better on iphone as you said, but why wouldn't Apple go the extra mile....
I bought an iMac for better graphics and trying to learn IOS more...BUT silly things when there is an update there comes a point when you can't move the update out of the way unless you click on details as Apple just being over controlling :( .Thank you will look into Run Gap

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.