Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lildezzy2332

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
Hey everyone, so I'm having a problem with my Apple watch series 1 vibration everytime I get a notification. For sake of example, I'm gunna use the letter V to simulate the vibration pattern.
Normally, when I get a notification, the vibration would go, "vvvvv vv vv" so one long vibration and two short vibration taps. Well now, with texts, reminders, and third party apps vibrate like this, "vv vv" almost like it's just very quickly tapping my wrist making me unaware of a notification. When I get a phone call, my watch vibrates like normal. I've tried hard resetting it, turning it on and off, turning off wrist detection and back on, adjusting the sound a haptics setting to its highest setting and nothing worked. The latest changes I've made was update my phone to iOS 11 beta 6. I'm not sure if beta 6 has a communication issues with the watch? Any help or input would be great. Thanks!

Lildezzy2332

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
Sounds like you may have had Prominent Haptic cut on and it's now cut off.
Prominent haptic is on, it's weird because my phone vibrates at times and my watch doesn't. It's like they're not connecting properly.

ChickenNibbler

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2019
Prominent haptic is on, it's weird because my phone vibrates at times and my watch doesn't. It's like they're not connecting properly.

Did you ever solve this? My watch has just stared doing the same thing and I'm missing so many alerts...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.