Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi,

Since the last update a few weeks back using my Jabra Sport Pulse headphones not longer works like it should on my Apple Nike + S2 watch.

I use my Jabra Sport Pulse with my iP6S 32GB phone mostly during my commute to and from work, and when I can have lunch during that hour as well. 1.2hrs each way to and from work leaves me with about 1.5hrs left on my Jabra's.

I've already paired the Jabra's to the watch and phone. I can use the Watch's Music app to switch playback from the Phone to the Watch and back again, regardless of the track/playlist I'm listening too on the Phone/Watch. I've sync'd only 1 playlist with roughly 15 songs to and still have 2GB free space on the watch.

I've learned when I get to the gym (15min travel from home) that I should NOT power off Bluetooth on my phone else that locks my watch for use: arrrg!

Phone is left in the locker, then I'll stop music playback, close the music app on the iPhone then try to switch to the Watch and BOOM goes the dynamite: Headset is not found. Watch Settings > Bluetooth: unable to connect and the annoying message "please ensure your jabra device is on and paired and in range".
Man! there is less than 3ft between my wrist and my head lol. (Class 3 BT 4 devices or prior have 10meter range minimum)

Even if I walk away from the locker room I cannot 'connect' with my Jabra and AppleWatch
Now it seems power cycling the AppleWatch - basically 10-15mins (power cycling and repairing/connecting) doesn't resolve this either!

NOTE: The only thing that has changed at my gym is probably new members on treadmills (which I don't visit, and Free WiFi.

Anyone else having this issue?

mk313

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2012
I had a similar issue with my AirPods. The solution that worked for me is when you want to use them with your watch, switch the watch to airplane mode and then back out of it. It pairs for me every time if I do this, but almost never if I don't.

Ixidor

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2016
I had a similar issue with my AirPods. The solution that worked for me is when you want to use them with your watch, switch the watch to airplane mode and then back out of it. It pairs for me every time if I do this, but almost never if I don't.
I experience the exact same thing, but on the Power Beats 3 (which also has the W1 chip).

Reactions: DeepIn2U

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Very interesting that even with Apple's own in house designed chip for seemless BT connectivity is having this issue on two of their devices.

Ive wrote a letter to tim cooks monitored public address but doubt Apple will see this a bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.