Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnreddyzhang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2019
Hi Forum,

This is my first post here, so please forgive me and help me if I’m wrong with posting formats...

I am posting because I am desperate about my health data issue recently. I have been running iOS 13 PB since almost day 1 but Apple watch still on official release since there is no Public Beta available. However on Aug 22 5.3.1 was released for Apple watch and I updated it while charging the device (I was already on 13.1 b1 back then). However since then health data from Apple Watch (walking, active energy, sleep, heart rate, everything health related) could not be synced to iPhone again.

I tried turning off both device and restarting it, I also tried re-pairing the device as new, I even tried signing out iCloud completely (reason being after one of the re-pairing attempt I was promoted to login to iCloud and the view was stuck forever there). But nothing could trigger the data to flow again.

However, apps like Nike running that trigger Apple watch tracking could trigger the running progress screen on my watch and even the heat rate detector, but heart rate could NOT be detected and synced.

In health app, the device could be displayed in profile but it shows no data.

activity app, as a result, remains empty for the past several days (besides data from using training app from iPhone, which does not count towards activity ring)

I don’t know if anyone else has this issue. I submitted a feedback on this and saw “more than 10” similar cases, but it seems that there is no change to the issue status (remains open)

i wonder if anyone on the forum has similar issue and how do you solve it? I think I could not even go to Apple support as my iPhone is on beta and they are likely to refuse service since my iPhone not on official release (even though the watch is on official released version)

Thanks for reading, any suggestion is appreciated!

Attachments

• CC4C9BEB-6745-44E2-A2D6-A00EB9C3D616.jpeg
    CC4C9BEB-6745-44E2-A2D6-A00EB9C3D616.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 379

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't have personal first hand experience with this, but last time around, a co-worker mentioned that iOS 12 when it was in Beta, did not work with his Watch 4. If I had to guess, that's what's going on with your situation.

johnreddyzhang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2019
I don't have personal first hand experience with this, but last time around, a co-worker mentioned that iOS 12 when it was in Beta, did not work with his Watch 4. If I had to guess, that's what's going on with your situation.
Thanks! I guess that is what is happening now. Somehow they are not having proper pairing settings for Apple watch in beta.
[doublepost=1567988749][/doublepost]I just got back from Apple store and asked if they have a device running iOS 12 so I could test pairing my Apple watch. Luckily they do, and when I pair my watch to the device running iOS 12, I noticed that in pairing setup, there are steps about allowing Health data access, and setting up Activity in iOS 12, but these steps are missing in pairing setup for iOS 13. This could be the reason why, and maybe I’ll have to wait for an official release of the system to see whether it works or not.

kecinzer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
I have exactly same issue.
At Friday I was forced to completely clean up my iPhone and then restore from backup. I leave my Apple Watch without deleting. After my iPhone get restored, any of activity at my watch isn't synced to Phone. When I record some activity on iPhone it isn't synced to Watch.
I can see all me badges on Watch and activity is counting. On iPhone there are few badges restored (but not all) from iCloud.
I didn't tried repair my Watch, because I'm afraid about activity lost on my Watch (I'm very close to finish my September challenge).

iOS 13 and watchOS 6 official release.

j.dstasio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
South Jersey
I have the same problem (public release iOS 13 & WatchOS 6.0). I set up my watch on Friday and everything went fine. I did a restore & new setup on my phone on Saturday. Afterward everything was fine. I noticed last night (Sunday) that the activity data from my watch had not synced over to my phone. Sunday showed 1 hour of stand and 19 calories when I opened the activity app on my phone. This morning I received my weekly summery on my watch that showed all activity, but as this morning went on none of the activity was syncing so today had zero activity.

I unpaired and re-paired my watch and it seems to be syncing again, but the activity my watch recorded over the weekend is now gone from both devices. Oddly, I got another weekly summary notification on my watch about 30 minutes ago with updated much lower totals and a new suggested move goal that was much lower.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.