Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macaddict16

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2002
I am looking for a case/bumper for my new Series 2 Aluminum Apple Watch. Looking on Amazon a lot of them say they are compatible with Series 2, however the dual mics on the Apple Watch Series 2 don't work with any of the cases I have looked at. Has anyone found a specific Series 2 case or one that has a hole big enough for both mics? I really like the X-Doria ones, but they only have the one mic hole. Siri had enough trouble understanding me on my Series 0 watch so I don't want to block the holes.
Thanks!
Macaddict16

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Drill it out bigger?? Heck people are drilling there new iPhones in search of that 3.5mm head phone jack.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
I am looking for a case/bumper for my new Series 2 Aluminum Apple Watch. Looking on Amazon a lot of them say they are compatible with Series 2, however the dual mics on the Apple Watch Series 2 don't work with any of the cases I have looked at. Has anyone found a specific Series 2 case or one that has a hole big enough for both mics? I really like the X-Doria ones, but they only have the one mic hole. Siri had enough trouble understanding me on my Series 0 watch so I don't want to block the holes.
Thanks!
Macaddict16
I'm using x-doria with my Series 2, it has no issues. Sure it covers up the one hole and doesn't 100% line up with the other one or speaker port but it's not air tight anyway so it will be fine for voice communications. I had issues with my original Apple Watch but realized that was a software issue. During beta testing of OS3, it was super smooth and didn't mess up nearly as much as it did before. With the new watch I haven't had an issues using a case, Siri picks up my voice just fine. I'm sure there will be more cases out eventually, since Series 1 and 2 are still some what difficult to get that's probably why newer stuff isn't out yet.

If it was me and I had a Series 2 and needed a case now! I would just get a x-doria, live with the holes not being perfect and then later get something else that completely matches.

Macaddict16

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2002
I'm using x-doria with my Series 2, it has no issues. Sure it covers up the one hole and doesn't 100% line up with the other one or speaker port but it's not air tight anyway so it will be fine for voice communications. I had issues with my original Apple Watch but realized that was a software issue. During beta testing of OS3, it was super smooth and didn't mess up nearly as much as it did before. With the new watch I haven't had an issues using a case, Siri picks up my voice just fine. I'm sure there will be more cases out eventually, since Series 1 and 2 are still some what difficult to get that's probably why newer stuff isn't out yet.

If it was me and I had a Series 2 and needed a case now! I would just get a x-doria, live with the holes not being perfect and then later get something else that completely matches.

Good to know that you aren't having any issues with the X-Doria! I might pick one up for temporary use. I contacted them and they said they are planning a series 2 case, but no time frame yet.

Reactions: tkukoc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.