Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applefanharish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2020
Hey All,

Here is my first post on this forum.

I have an Apple Watch Series 2 currently running with 6.1.2 (17S796). I had iPhone 6 running iOS 12 all these days and Apple Watch Series 2 was paired to it. It was working fine until i bought a new iPhone 11 and paired my Series 2 watch to it. I then decided to go for the new Series 5 and bought it. Now, i reset series 2 to factory settings and tried to set it up on my old IPhone 6 and it won't work. Series 2 now just lying around not being used. I currently have it paired with iPhone 11. Would like to know if there is a chance to bring my series 2 watch back to life and be able to pair it with my old iPhone 6? I know it is illegal but will a jailbreak of my series 2 help me use the watch again with iPhone 6? Please advice.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
This is possibly because you had to update the watchOS version on your series 2 Apple Watch to pair it with the iPhone 11. Now since your old device is stuck in older iOS version your watch can’t be paired with it due to incompatibility.

Unfortunately there’s no way to turn back time.

mk313

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2012
I THINK that if you can find an iPhone with an earlier version of iOS (if you have a friend with one or something), you can initially pair the series 2 with that. I’m not sure which version of iOS but I did it with an old phone running iOS 10. When you first go to set it up, it will ask you to download the new version of Watch is. In my case, it downloaded to 5.something. Once that was done installing, then I took it back to my regular phone, and was able to connect it. It then downloaded another version of watch is, 6.something and finished pairing from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.