Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hhubies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2023
Hi,

When I turn on the Apple Watch Series 3 Nike+ GPS 42mm (if it is charged or not), it stops at the Apple logo for 1-2 minutes, then disappears and restarts (boot loop?). I tried a hard reset by holding both buttons for 10 seconds and replacing the battery - nothing helped. The only option I can enter is to enter restore mode by long pressing hard reset, also when the apple appears, still holding the buttons - a red exclamation mark in a circle appears and the address support.apple.com/watch/restore appears below. The instructions there say to press the side button on the AP twice - the only thing that happens is a reset and re-entering this mode, of course after completing the points in the instructions.

After completely discharged and after trying to wake up, the watch shows a red snake, but when connected to charging it is green.

According to all the guides, I also tried to discharge it, charge it for 24 hours, remove it from Find My Apple, replace the charger, etc., of course, with no effect.

Have you encountered something similar and have an idea for a solution?

hhubies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2023
Little update:
Now looking for key combination to wipe AW to factory settings when it’s turn off - for now it stuck in boot loop. I know there is possibility to do so.
The case is that it’s disconnected from iPhone and factory reset will force to connect it again.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.