Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Hi, I have an apple watch series 3.

When my brother first tried to update from OS6 to OS 7, the watch turned off somehow. It booted again, but now it won't update to OS7.

It downloads the update and then while preparing, it throws the error - "Cannot verify update, please make sure you are connected to internet".

I'm connected to internet and also I did try to send it to apple customer care. They said they can't fix it and instead I can have a new watch in exchange for this and some bucks.

Is it possible to fix this? The watch works perfectly with iOS 13 and watch OS6, but cannot update it.

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
I've had this issue too when I received a S3 Edition a few weeks ago. Try different Wifi's - I read some where that some 4.2 or 5 gz nets have trouble with iOS updates - or the device has trouble updatering because of the network.

All I can say is keep trying. Or if you have a large dataplan, you can also try via that.

It takes times - I kept getting the same error many times after spending long times waiting for the update to download, and the watch/phone to prepare updatering etc...

dope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
I've had this issue too when I received a S3 Edition a few weeks ago. Try different Wifi's - I read some where that some 4.2 or 5 gz nets have trouble with iOS updates - or the device has trouble updatering because of the network.

All I can say is keep trying. Or if you have a large dataplan, you can also try via that.

It takes times - I kept getting the same error many times after spending long times waiting for the update to download, and the watch/phone to prepare updatering etc...
I did try with 2.4ghz network / mobile data, but no luck.

Yeah, I've been trying since 2 weeks, but no luck. Let's see

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
Fingers crossed :)
Have you tried at a friends or family place using a whole different wifi setup?

Lubidubi

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015
I would call apple, to set up a free repair to install the latest OS on your watch. For example, they do the same for people who still have an iPhone 6 and bought a second hand series 2, 3 or 4 with a newer OS, that doesnt work with ios 12. apple will downgrade the watch to os 5 for free. So it should also be possible to get the latest installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.