Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunglex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
I have been using an external HRM with the series 2 and 3 without any major issues. Since updating to Watch OS 5 and upgrading to the Series 4 from a Series 3, I haven't had much success. I have since updated to Watch OS 5.0.1 and hasn't improved the situation.

It looks as though a connection to the external HRM isn't maintained when looking at the Bluetooth setting on the watch?

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
I have been using an external HRM with the series 2 and 3 without any major issues. Since updating to Watch OS 5 and upgrading to the Series 4 from a Series 3, I haven't had much success. I have since updated to Watch OS 5.0.1 and hasn't improved the situation.

It looks as though a connection to the external HRM isn't maintained when looking at the Bluetooth setting on the watch?

It might be a Bluetooth issue. Have you tried forgetting the device, then re-pairing to the watch?

I recently started using an external heart rate monitor that was provided to me by my gym. I'm on Watch OS 5.0.1 on my Series 3. I don't know what brand it is, but it's basically an elastic strap that goes around your chest with a couple of electrodes and a snap-on electronics package -- probably similar to your Polar. It's been staying connected to the watch for as long as I wear it without any drops until I take it off.

bunglex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Okay thanks for that. I will re-pair it and see how I get on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.