Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you holding on to your Edition Ceramic hoping for an updated Edition Ceramic?

• Holding on for a new Edition Ceramic!

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • I gave up already

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I will switch to a non-ceramic one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeanL

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2014
London
Every since the Series 3 Edition Ceramic, I've only sworn on the Edition Ceramic. I'm disappointed that Apple hasn't made an updated version, so I'm still holding on to my Series 5.
The 3-year AppleCare+ expired a few weeks ago and I was able to renew it on a monthly basis meaning that I'm ready to hold on to it longer, especially as it still feels fast (unlike Series 0-3 which aged really rapidly!).
Are you holding on to your Edition Ceramic hoping for an updated Edition Ceramic?

hotr32

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2009
PA
I had hoped that apple would have released another Ceramic model, but I feel like they are done with edition models. I love my Series 5 Ceramic, by far my favorite Watch out of the 3 I own.

• Love
Reactions: DeanL and bruinsrme

hotr32

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2009
PA
I also had a Series 5 Stainless Steel, I sold that and purchased a Series 7 Stainless Steel, I just can’t let my Ceramic go….lol

• Love
Reactions: DeanL

Alicia1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Gold Coast, Australia
I think I will be selling mine. Apple have just replaced it under Applecare + so it now has 100% battery capacity. I am just not wearing it since I have gone up to the 45mm series 8 and prefer the bigger size.

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
Do we think a S7 engine would fit in a Ceramic S5? Or my other thought was get a Apple approved repair company to take apart a S7 watch and get the casing sand blasted and then ceramic coated?

Reactions: bruinsrme

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
don't understand why a new ceramic hasn't been released. This watch just pops and look so classy.
The body doesn't easily clash with clothing and when the band is matched to clothing it looks incredible.

• Love
Reactions: DeanL

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I had an SS S4 and a black SS S4. then snagged white ceramic S5, skipped 6 and 7. I was really hoping for a ceramic 8. picked up and Ultra. I am on the fence with the Ultra.
Had the black stainless 4, then ceramic

bricktop_at

macrumors 65832
Apr 4, 2017
I‘ll keep it and I still wear it from time to time when I feel like it, for special occasions for example or when the Ultra is on the charger.

99% it‘s the Ultra tough and sometimes the S7 SSG.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
My ceramic S5 is my favorite product, I wear it everyday. I bought it with my iPhone 11 Pro white. The watch can go with every band.

I replaced it last year through Apple Care and it’s still holding: charging from 7pm to 10pm, sleep tracking, 85% battery at 7am & 10% at 7pm. Rinse & repeat.

I really wish we get a new ceramic, white is the best color. I just ordered an iPhone 15 Pro in white, hope it goes well with the ceramic.

DeanL

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2014
London
My ceramic S5 is my favorite product, I wear it everyday. I bought it with my iPhone 11 Pro white. The watch can go with every band.

I replaced it last year through Apple Care and it’s still holding: charging from 7pm to 10pm, sleep tracking, 85% battery at 7am & 10% at 7pm. Rinse & repeat.

I really wish we get a new ceramic, white is the best color. I just ordered an iPhone 15 Pro in white, hope it goes well with the ceramic.
I have the natural titanium 15 and it goes well!
I’m lucky because I got the monthly AppleCare+ so my ceramic will be covered for years to come hopefully

Reactions: gigatoaster

Floaaa

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2021
Would anyone recommend buying the S5 Ceramic today? I have a SS S7 but i am tempted to buy one.
I think I will be selling mine. Apple have just replaced it under Applecare + so it now has 100% battery capacity. I am just not wearing it since I have gone up to the 45mm series 8 and prefer the bigger size

hotr32

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2009
PA
I still have and wear mine regularly, shy of the smaller screen compared to my 7’s and the battery life isn’t the greatest, I still rotate it with all my other watches.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I’m weak, I ordered an AWU2 to go with my brand new Ceramic, I mean white iPhone 15 Pro. Of course, I took the white band…

DeanL

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2014
London
I’m weak, I ordered an AWU2 to go with my brand new Ceramic, I mean white iPhone 15 Pro. Of course, I took the white band…
9b8.jpg

dojnik5

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2023
I think I will be selling mine. Apple have just replaced it under Applecare + so it now has 100% battery capacity. I am just not wearing it since I have gone up to the 45mm series 8 and prefer the bigger size.
You still thinking of selling your S5 Ceramic?

mikedis

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Every since the Series 3 Edition Ceramic, I've only sworn on the Edition Ceramic. I'm disappointed that Apple hasn't made an updated version, so I'm still holding on to my Series 5.
The 3-year AppleCare+ expired a few weeks ago and I was able to renew it on a monthly basis meaning that I'm ready to hold on to it longer, especially as it still feels fast (unlike Series 0-3 which aged really rapidly!).
Never had the S5, but my collection has a S2, S3 White, and S3 gray. I hope to get a S5 White soon, then maybe a S5 Gray too if the assembler gets back to me some time next year. My biggest issue is price. Nobody is selling them for what a Series 5 watch should be worth. People are still dumb enough to pay $700 for one, so I'm not getting one any time soon.

don't understand why a new ceramic hasn't been released.
High assembly & r+d costs, low sales. The "Edition" line is fully dead now. There's no hope of it coming back, especially with Ive out of the picture.

Would anyone recommend buying the S5 Ceramic today? I have a SS S7 but i am tempted to buy one.
Nope. Too old, small bezels.

A shell swapped Series 7 as I posted about in another thread is an option if you can find a supplier. I only know of two people who do these, but they're pretty well done, being CNC precision cut to fit the hardware. Super expensive though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.