Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Do you guys know if the Siri raise to speak it’s only on the cellular series 3 Apple Watch ?

Because my friend has a series 3 non cellular Apple Watch and the feature Siri raise to speak doesn’t work eve though it’s turn on in the settings app on the watch.

Knight3

Suspended
Oct 19, 2018
Series 3 raise to speak involves the phrase "Hey Siri" while in Series 4 you can speak directly without the phrase.

EDIT: Correction! Series 3 can do without the phrase with watchOS 5.

Last edited:

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
With my S3 I could barely get the raise to speak to work and it's not that different now that I have a S4. I have much more success when I say "Hey Siri" even though I know you're supposed to be able to just say the command.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
With my S3 I could barely get the raise to speak to work and it's not that different now that I have a S4. I have much more success when I say "Hey Siri" even though I know you're supposed to be able to just say the command.
Yeah, me too. I hope my watch up to my to speak and I get nothing 30% of the time but if I say hey Siri my watch responds right away. It needs some work to be done

Reactions: MisterSavage

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
I have just realised it does’nt work on my S4 and don’t recall trying it out on earlier Watch OS updates .

I have tried to troubleshoot to no avail , albeit my HP responds to any Siri requests fast enough when am at home . However I need this to work on my wrist .

Reactions: gwhizkids

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
I have just realised it does’nt work on my S4 and don’t recall trying it out on earlier Watch OS updates .

I have tried to troubleshoot to no avail , albeit my HP responds to any Siri requests fast enough when am at home . However I need this to work on my wrist .

Just a quick update; I got it working with the on/off raise to speak toggling a few times & a couple of reboots

Reactions: gwhizkids
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.