Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
Hi all,

Posting here as a last resort as O2 UK are bloody useless...

I have purchased an Apple Watch Ultra, set up the device and went through the whole logging into my O2 account buying the £5 p/m add on for the watch.

It has been stuck on "Activating" for around 3 days now.. O2 are saying they cannot see anything linked to my account and have opened a tech ticket for which they still haven't got back to me on.

Has anyone else had this issue? Wondering if there's anyone who can help me get this connected!

antipodean

macrumors regular
May 2, 2014
I had this issue and I'm sorry to say the only way I managed to get it resolved was to visit an O2 store. I went in on a Sunday morning when the store was quiet, so at least there wasn't any need to queue.

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
I had this issue and I'm sorry to say the only way I managed to get it resolved was to visit an O2 store. I went in on a Sunday morning when the store was quiet, so at least there wasn't any need to queue.
I went into the store at bluewater and they told me I had to call the help line!

antipodean

macrumors regular
May 2, 2014
Wish I could offer you some insight into what they did to fix the issue for me, but it was very much them tapping away on their system till it suddenly started working. Has been fine since, though no joy with roaming (USA) on the watch even though phone roams just fine including 5G.

My iPhone 14 Pro Max uses an O2 eSIM (with Vodafone physical sim as secondary). I suspect that my initial difficulty activation issues had something to do with using an eSIM, albeit that's just my hunch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.