Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tabish8896

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
I purchased Apple watch Ultra from Apple online store. Got it delivered on 25th october.
But i saw it has band wigglling issue and its ocean band is not tightly connected with the watch dial, so i decided for the replacement.
Next day i placed a replacement request but i got a replacement delivery date of more than 3 weeks.
And on apple website for new order delivery with 7-14 days. So i decided to cancel the replacement and opt for refund.

All this is happening just because i was leaving for my home country so to get quick refund and order a new one.
But next day delivery man did-not came , I again called apple support team Can i handover to my nearest apple retail store.
And he replied sure you can. So i book an appointment in dubai mall to handover my watch and i got a reciept from their .

Today its over 7 days and i still not recieved any email confirmation regarding the refund or return.

I contacted online apple support team they are saying 1st u shouldn’t opted for the retail store handover option as it was not an option for online order to do that. 2nd ur order is in warehouse but hv to wait for 2 days to get it linked to ur web order number.

But from last 4 days they are asking the same 2 days time to escalate the issues but still no update after that.

Also my order page is showing RETURN PERIOD EXPIRED (from date 29th october the day when i opted for retail store return).

Can anybody help me, what i can do to sort it.

tabish8896

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
I don’t think anyone here can help you get your refund. You need to work with Apple and get it sorted out. Maybe try contacting the store where you dropped it off?
I just posted here to know anybody faces same issue like this.

Do apple really delay in refund or is it possible they will easily digest my money just by giving excuses after excuses.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

Do apple really delay in refund or is it possible they will easily digest my money just by giving excuses after excuses.

I’ve never heard of an issue with getting a refund on a return. Your situation may have been caused when you dropped your return off at the Apple Store, which is why I suggested you contact them.

tabish8896

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
I’ve never heard of an issue with getting a refund on a return. Your situation may have been caused when you dropped your return off at the Apple Store, which is why I suggested you contact them.
I contacted them, they are saying we just act as a mediator between u and online apple team to collect ur return and handover to the apple warehouse team. And we already did it. Now contact apple online supprt team for the refund update.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022

When I returned my Ultra, the refund was posted the next day.

Like the above poster said, and I see you are doing it, you need to work this out with Apple. Customer service sucks these days so you got to expect some long wait times and difficulty. But in the end Apple will make it right.

Reactions: Kitkat52

tabish8896

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
When I returned my Ultra, the refund was posted the next day.

Like the above poster said, and I see you are doing it, you need to work this out with Apple. Customer service sucks these days so you got to expect some long wait times and difficulty. But in the end Apple will make it right.
Yes they truly sucks. They are saying wait for 48hour we are escalating the issue to higher department and our manger will contact you and resolve it but Even after waiting for 48hours no reply or even an update on that escalation. Atleast they should email me the update. They reallly becoming careless now.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Sounds like a lot of the issues were caused because of your impatience in letting the online process work the way it's supposed to.. Nobody here can help you make the process faster and you'll just have to let Apple work it out. It's been difficult to get an Ultra for quite awhile so not sure why you thought the process was going to be quick in your situation..

Reactions: kitKAC

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Worst is even when the refund is issued, depending on your financial institution, it could take a few days more for the refund to clear and be available.

tabish8896

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
Sounds like a lot of the issues were caused because of your impatience in letting the online process work the way it's supposed to.. Nobody here can help you make the process faster and you'll just have to let Apple work it out. It's been difficult to get an Ultra for quite awhile so not sure why you thought the process was going to be quick in your situation..
Yes i know it was because of that. But apple supprt team told me that they can change the way of return thats why i did this.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Yes i know it was because of that. But apple supprt team told me that they can change the way of return thats why i did this.
Finding Apple support representatives that actually agree on how to handle issues like this is the problem. One person tells you to do it then two others tell you it was an awful idea.. I usually only call for support when I've exhausted all other options so I feel for you and your situation..

tabish8896

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
Finding Apple support representatives that actually agree on how to handle issues like this is the problem. One person tells you to do it then two others tell you it was an awful idea.. I usually only call for support when I've exhausted all other options so I feel for you and your situation..
I agree with you, every representative hav different opinion for my situation.
1st - They are saying you must not went to return to the retail apple store becoz you cant do it , its not in our system to initiate return like this. But reality is online support team only asked me to do this and I asked him 3 tym are u sure they will accept it. He said yes i am 100% sure.
And other representative disagree for this option.
2nd - If thats not the route of return then why apple retail store accepted it amd issued me a receipt slip of the return.

I think Apple service is screwed up.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

tabish8896

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
* UPDATE *

Finally, today apple issue my refund.
But this return gave me headache. Not satisfied with apple return and refund procedure. Too much process and every support team gave confusing reply on my query.

Reactions: ian87w

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Consider yourself lucky when you can still return your stuff and get a refund. In my city, Apple doesn’t accept return at all even when there are 5 Apple Stores here.

tabish8896

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
Consider yourself lucky when you can still return your stuff and get a refund. In my city, Apple doesn’t accept return at all even when there are 5 Apple Stores here.
Yes, but i am just sharing my experience. Considering Lucky is not always everything.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Moral of the story, never trust delivery dates. If you are in a situation where you are not in your current location permanently, always opt for store pick-up from the start. It just saves you the stress and hassles and you get the item on your own terms (going to the store).

Glad it worked out for you in the end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.