Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkydiveGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
Is anyone else having a problem with the "Unlock Mac with Apple Watch" feature?

It was working fine and after updating my Mac and Watch it wont connect.

"Your Mac was unable to communicate with your Apple Watch" message.

Everything is setup correctly and its able to unlock the watch with my phone so I know its communicating.

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
I had to reboot my Mac, iPhone, and watch to get mirroring and Mac unlocking to work. I also had to reenable watch unlock in the Mac settings.

SkydiveGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
I had to reboot my Mac, iPhone, and watch to get mirroring and Mac unlocking to work. I also had to reenable watch unlock in the Mac settings.
Yeah, Ive done all that numerous times. Still not working.

SkydiveGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
Dammit... I stand corrected... right after I responded I tried it again and now its working.
This has to be the buggiest release Ive ever dealt with and Ive been an iPhone user seen the 3G.

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
Is anyone else having a problem with the "Unlock Mac with Apple Watch" feature?

It was working fine and after updating my Mac and Watch it wont connect.

"Your Mac was unable to communicate with your Apple Watch" message.

Everything is setup correctly and its able to unlock the watch with my phone so I know its communicating.
I've been dealing with this for a LONG time...

bhunt01

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2009
I have been having the problem since I updated my watch to WatchOS 11. Unpair/repairing (which led to other problems), following an assortment of previously successful fixes, turning off iCloud and then back on Mac got me nowhere. I just got a notification that an Apple Watch now has access to messages and, lo and behold, the problem is magically fixed.

Methinks Apple did something behind the scenes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.