Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tyranne201

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2020
First, I checked every official weather station in my area and it doesn't seem Apple Weather gets data from them. Also, the weather forecast shows rain, but the hourly forecast just shows a cloud. Will Apple fix this?

IMG_E5F71D43BB42-1.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_E5F71D43BB42-1.jpeg
    IMG_E5F71D43BB42-1.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 128

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Different weather data sources will always be different, and may be different or similar but certain not exactly the same across all data sources every day. It's not a matter of Apple fixing it; it's just a different data source than what you're comparing it with. And of course, location is a factor too.

The sources used by Apple's weather app are described in this article, a link to which is also in the Weather app. You also have the option to report an issue and your local conditions to help improve the app. Sounds like that's something you could contribute to.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Your privacy setting for the weather app also influences it. Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Turn on Precise Location for better accuracy.

Reactions: 0128672

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Different weather data sources will always be different, and may be different or similar but certain not exactly the same across all data sources every day. It's not a matter of Apple fixing it; it's just a different data source than what you're comparing it with. And of course, location is a factor too.

The sources used by Apple's weather app are described in this article, a link to which is also in the Weather app. You also have the option to report an issue and your local conditions to help improve the app. Sounds like that's something you could contribute to.

I think it is a good thing that Apple Weather uses multiple data sources. Is the data source displayed somewhere in the app?

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I think it is a good thing that Apple Weather uses multiple data sources. Is the data source displayed somewhere in the app?
I think if you read the article linked above, you will understand there are multiple underlying sources for different conditions and locations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.