Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2018
Hi!
Given the titled keyboard, model number A1314 (MC184MG/A). Does anyone know how to reset? If I pressed the '8' key (even with Shift-key), the cursor moves up one line until the beginning of the line (with Shift-key the whole line will be selected, too). I have to keep in mind when I'm writing 2018, that will happen frequently this year A CMD + Z key combination restores everything to the original location of the cursor, but ... System: mac OS 10.13.3, but earlier versions did the same. I found this on the web:
http://davemeehan.com/technology/how-to-reset-an-apple-wireless-bluetooth-keyboa rd-mouse-or-trackpad
I've read everything, tried all the options, but the '8' key problem remains I've not yet tested on iOS, e.g. with an iPad, but I will.
Any solution?

zoly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2018
Yes, you're right and another weird situation: I can not set any calendar time at 8 o'clock, because it behaves like an '8' key on numeric keypad, as you wrote. Any software reset somehow which guides the keyboard?
Still looking for a solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.