Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjr1000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
Hey everyone - happy release day! While I await delivery of my S4 aluminum, I am still thinking about an exchangeroo for a stainless. In trying to justify the price jump, I was thinking, would I need Apple Care for the stainless model? Could save $70 right there. S4 SS purchasers and S0-S3 SS owners, did you purchase apple care and did you ever use it?

Calebt59

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2013
I was in the same boat deciding from aluminum or SS, but opted for SS series three, because I got it for the same price as an aluminum series 4, at a one day sale at Bestbuy. I would have gotten the Aluminum S4 if I didn't get a deal, my thinking is I'm only going to keep it a year or two at the most, so Aluminum would be fine I'm just selling it or trading it anyways.

I didn't get Apple Care on the SS and wouldn't on the Aluminum either.

Last edited:

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
I did purchase it with my S3 SS. Never used it. If you plan to keep the watch for a longer cycle than a year. I still recommend getting it for battery replacement. I planned to keep my S3 longer, but since I have AFib I ordered the S4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.