Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you bought and/or benefited from AppleCare?

• Total voters

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Curious what everyone's experiences has been with AppleCare.

I've always bought them, but very rarely used them. It's starting to feel a bit unnecessary, considering how durable these phones are becoming. Not to mention most people use cases anyway.

Have you benefited from AppleCare? Have you ever regretted not having them? Will you buy AppleCare on your next phone?

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
If you buy your phone with a credit card, depending on your card, you have no need to buy additional insurance, your credit card covers and extends the warranty on things you buy, usually doubling it and covers accidental damage and even loss or theft.

Reactions: BenTrovato

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Butterfingers, pets, kids, use your phone next to the toilet, or want to go caseless? Buy AppleCare+. For everyone else, save the money, and pay with Amex for extended warranty.

HandsomeDanNZ

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Auckland NZ
I have used AppleCare a couple of times - screen replacement on both Apple Watch and on iPhone.

The ability to get a replacement of an Apple Watch with a new (or refurbished) model for a fraction of the price makes it very reasonable.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I have only used AppleCare twice in 10 years. These are expensive devices and I do not want to go without some sort of protection. If I am being honest, the biggest benefit I get from AppleCare is a slight amount of mental relief. That is worth a couple dollars a month to me

Reactions: HandsomeDanNZ

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
AppleCare has saved me countless times with Mac repairs, iPhone screen replacements, and even an Apple Pencil replacement.

My philosophy is I may not NEED it. But the minute I don’t have something covered is when I’ll need it.

YMMV of course, but that’s my 2 cents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.