Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpace32

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
Hello - I recently setup a new iPhone 13 Pro Max for a family member and noticed that it didn't show in the Settings -> General -> About that their device was eligible for AppleCare+... the whole line under the serial number about AppleCare wasn't there... oddly enough, I was able to add AppleCare+ using the Apple website directly (after running the phone tests).

Any idea why? I remember when setting up my new iPhone it was much easier and just a couple taps in the About screen to add it..

Thank you!

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
That happened to a friend. The option on the phone didn't show up for about a week, so she added it via the website too.

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
Hello - I recently setup a new iPhone 13 Pro Max for a family member and noticed that it didn't show in the Settings -> General -> About that their device was eligible for AppleCare+... the whole line under the serial number about AppleCare wasn't there... oddly enough, I was able to add AppleCare+ using the Apple website directly (after running the phone tests).
On my new 13 Pro Max, the option to add AppleCare appears in two places. The main Settings screen shows it just below my name ("AppleCare Coverage Available", which takes you to an AppleCare+ signup screen). Also, as you explained, Settings -> General -> About, lists the same thing and takes you to the same signup screen.

It sounds like you've added AppleCare+ already, by doing it online. I don't know why it would not have been possible directly on the iPhone.

Pearlkite

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2021
AppleCare+ is also missing on my wife‘s iPhone 11, my iPhone 13 Pro Max and my iPad as well. We both have AppleCare+ and the Support App still shows it. Don’t know why it has been removed from the About section.
I can see how it disappears during opening the About section. Really confusing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.