Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
I'm personally a heavy user of AirPods, and now with Pros I'm pretty keen to get AppleCare+ since I'm charging them pretty much daily. It's pretty much sure batteries gets worn out in 2 years so I'm wondering what are my options here.

I don't have official Apple Store (I live in the Czech Republic) nearby - only possibility is Vienna, which is about 450 km away. I saw some ways of ordering it online. But I would have to use fake address and card from UK.

I'm looking for the options here and I'm wondering if anyone did something similar in the past and how the process of eventually using the right to get eg. AirPod replaced went through?

#1 In case I would drive to Vienna, would I still be able to purchase the Apple Care+ plus and apply it anywhere in the world?

#2 Or should I rather save my self a nearly 1000 km drive trip and get it online?

Thank you for all the insights!

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Just a call out on this. From my reading of the coverage, replacement for worn battery will be USD49 each. Will you want to pay USD99 in two years to replace them when there may be a new model? Just something to consider when thinking about AC+

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Good point @Paco II ! Well then it's basically $99 + $29. I first though it, $29 per battery, but that still makes it $87.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Just a call out on this. From my reading of the coverage, replacement for worn battery will be USD49 each. Will you want to pay USD99 in two years to replace them when there may be a new model? Just something to consider when thinking about AC+

I thought getting AC+ is exactly reason to not pay for battery service fee of $49. Are you saying even with AC+ there's still additional charge of $49 per headphone?

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
If I'm reading correctly it's $29 USD not $49 and I don't think it's per earbud.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
"Battery service

The Apple Limited Warranty covers a defective battery, but it doesn’t cover wear from normal use.
If your battery has a manufacturing defect and it's covered by our warranty, AppleCare+, or consumer law, we'll service it for no additional cost. If your battery issue isn't covered, we offer battery service for a fee."

AirPodsCovered by AppleCare+Battery service fee
AirPods (all)$ 0$ 49 each

I thought getting AC+ is exactly reason to not pay for battery service fee of $49. Are you saying even with AC+ there's still additional charge of $49 per headphone?

Reactions: kemo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.