Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
I’m in the process of selling an iPad that has a monthly applecare plus subscription. Will the purchaser be given the option to take over the Applecare subscription or do I need to initiate that?

It’s been thirty six days since it was purchased from Apple so if the ac+ subscription is cancelled will the device be given the opportunity to add it again?

Thanks for your help!

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
Pretty sure once cancelled it’s all over red rover, if was paid in full would of stayed with the iPad or you could of refunded it.
Why you selling a 36 day old iPad?

Reactions: BigMcGuire

mjcharlton71

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I’m in the process of selling an iPad that has a monthly applecare plus subscription. Will the purchaser be given the option to take over the Applecare subscription?

No, the monthly AC+ is non-transferable and "lives" with the iCloud account it's bought from. Only AC+ paid in full can be transferred.

New buyer might be able to register it themselves if it's still within 60 days of original purchase/activation, but I wasn't able to confirm that with something I recently sold, so the item went as was and without AC+

Last edited:

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I’m in the process of selling an iPad that has a monthly applecare plus subscription. Will the purchaser be given the option to take over the Applecare subscription or do I need to initiate that?

It’s been thirty six days since it was purchased from Apple so if the ac+ subscription is cancelled will the device be given the opportunity to add it again?

Thanks for your help!
FYI: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202712

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
No, the monthly AC+ is non-transferable and "lives" with the iCloud account it's bought from. Only AC+ paid in full can be transferred.

New buyer might be able to register it themselves if it's still within 60 days of original purchase/activation, but I wasn't able to confirm that with something I recently sold, so the item went as was and without AC+
Yeah I’m thinking from what I’ve read so far since it’s within 60 days of purchase the new owner might be able to purchase applecare+ once the monthly sub runs out. Thanks for info.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Just cuz I was curious - called up Apple Support. The first person I talked to didn't know but they called another department and the answer that came back was:

No way to transfer monthly subscription of AppleCare+ BUT as long as the iPad is within 60 days of purchase date, AppleCare+ can be started.

Thanks for your help all. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.