Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sierramist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2021
I have highly appreciated Apple’s design consistency across its devices.

However, it doesn’t seem to be the case in recent years. Apple removed 3.5mm headphone jacks on iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPad mini, but not on the cheapest iPad and MacBooks. Apple managed to put a seemingly bezel-less display on iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPad mini, but they put a blatant notch (even though I‘m used to seeing notches, that doesn’t mean notches are not taking up valuable screen real estate) on the newest MBP. I don’t think this is an Apple move to do.

Remember those good old days when iPhones are made out of aluminium (just like iPads and Macs)? That sort of “Steve Jobs” consistency is being deserted in the past, as the expensive “Tim Cook” era comes along.

duanepatrick

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
They don't care about the design. It's all about how they can get the most money out of something now. :(

PS: The specs on the new Mac are super amazing but costly. And another reason not to buy is the notch.

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
They don't care about the design. It's all about how they can get the most money out of something now. :(

PS: The specs on the new Mac are super amazing but costly. And another reason not to buy is the notch.
Are you being sarcastic? No one‘s telling me what to buy because of a notch. So will millions of others ? and as far as Apple not caring about the design, they actually do.

duanepatrick

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
Are you being sarcastic? No one‘s telling me what to buy because of a notch. So will millions of others ? and as far as Apple not caring about the design, they actually do.
I don't like the notch. Honestly. It would be a steal if they put face ID there but there's none. :(

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I agree with you! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Apple products. For me, the benefits far, far, FAR outweigh any things I don't like about them (which are very few). But you are right.

Specifically, am I the only one who things the iMac is totally out of place in the lineup? Like, it's 24" and comes in all these odd pastel colors.

It's almost as if they are meant to go with the new headphones Apple introduced, but doesn't really match with much else.

Not a big deal to me overall. But i was just trying to reiterate your point

Reactions: duanepatrick
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.