Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacksonCraig94

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Derbyshire, UK
Hey guys. I thought i would make this post about the upcoming Apple event on the 7th. So then, who's going to be sitting at the laptop watching the LIVE event? I definitely will be. I'm most excited for the iPhone 7 Plus and Watch 2 announcement. I can't wait to get my hands on the iPhone 7 Plus and Watch 2. I currently have the iPhone 6 Plus so i feel like I'm going to tell a huge difference in performance. I also have the first watch (38mm) but i think this time i might go for the 42mm face. I might even change the colour from the space black to the silver one as i feel it might look better with all my other silver apple products. What are you most excited about? Are you going to be buying the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus and the new watch? Let me know, I'm interested. I'm looking forward to the new iOS 10 update as i feel like it looks more clean and fits in with the apple clean and simple theme.

Thanks for reading.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I will not be, because I have a job.

Hey! I have a job and I'll be watching it. Granted, it'll be 6PM by the time it starts in the UK and I'll be home with a Guinness by then. :p

Seeing as the OP's in the UK too...

JacksonCraig94

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Derbyshire, UK
I will not be, because I have a job.
I have a job too. Luckily i am not at work on the 7th.
[doublepost=1472734216][/doublepost]
Hey! I have a job and I'll be watching it. Granted, it'll be 6PM by the time it starts in the UK and I'll be home with a Guinness by then. :p

Seeing as the OP's in the UK too...
Sounds great!! Just sipping at your Guinness whilst Apple roll out new products, fab! haha.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Sounds great!! Just sipping at your Guinness whilst Apple roll out new products, fab! haha.

Yeah, that's right... sipping... :oops:

On a serious note, a few people on MR frequently play the Apple keynote drinking game. It's jolly good fun! Drink for the normal buzzwords and self-indulgent rhetoric. I don't know if you watched the last keynote, but we moved to whisky pretty quickly when that woman came on stage and tried to get everybody involved in a rap/dance.

Booze helps make the bad bits bearable and the good bits great! :D

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Funny, I have a job but I'll do what I can to have the event up on my computer while I work

Reactions: I7guy

JacksonCraig94

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Derbyshire, UK
Yeah, that's right... sipping... :oops:

On a serious note, a few people on MR frequently play the Apple keynote drinking game. It's jolly good fun! Drink for the normal buzzwords and self-indulgent rhetoric. I don't know if you watched the last keynote, but we moved to whisky pretty quickly when that woman came on stage and tried to get everybody involved in a rap/dance.

Booze helps make the bad bits bearable and the good bits great! :D
Omg!! I do remember that woman playing rap. I found it so cheesy. I love it when Tim Cook makes funny jokes about Samsung. Haha!!
[doublepost=1472742891][/doublepost]
Funny, I have a job but I'll do what I can to have the event up on my computer while I work
Haha. Just secretly have your laptop open with the event running and if someone walks in on you just quickly change the tab and mute the sound.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Haha. Just secretly have your laptop open with the event running and if someone walks in on you just quickly change the tab and mute the sound.
I work from home most of the week, so its less about sneaking, but more about just needing to have the focus on my tasks. I'm involved in a project that has been taking all my energy and attention, so I may be tied up dealing with that without wanting the distraction of the keynote.

JacksonCraig94

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Derbyshire, UK
I work from home most of the week, so its less about sneaking, but more about just needing to have the focus on my tasks. I'm involved in a project that has been taking all my energy and attention, so I may be tied up dealing with that without wanting the distraction of the keynote.
Ah, okay. It must be so nice to work from home. I work in retail dealing with rude customers on a daily basis... You could always watch the keynote after it's aired.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I'm looking forward to the iOS 10 GM and Sierra release dates and just seeing the new iPhone (not buying it though) with the maybe rumored AirPods. Was hoping to see the new MacBook Pro too, but apparently that's not happening until October.

JacksonCraig94

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Derbyshire, UK
I'm looking forward to the iOS 10 GM and Sierra release dates and just seeing the new iPhone (not buying it though) with the maybe rumored AirPods. Was hoping to see the new MacBook Pro too, but apparently that's not happening until October.
I can't wait for iOS 10 either. They've added so many cool new features. I can't wait to try and unlock my Macbook Pro with my Watch. How come you're not buying the iPhone 7? Isn't it a big enough upgrade for you or...?

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
The Live! iPhone telecast usually something happens to it! No audio or wrong channel for wrong market or video feed is faulty! Cannot wait to see what comes with the iPhone 7 release announcement!

Reactions: JacksonCraig94

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The Live! iPhone telecast usually something happens to it! No audio or wrong channel for wrong market or video feed is faulty! Cannot wait to see what comes with the iPhone 7 release announcement!
Something happened once or twice, but it's not really a "usual" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.