Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stazzyboo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2016
Hey there, I am new to scripting but have done it before to copy folders from my external hard drive to folder on my computer but forgot how I did it, now my needs slightly changed.

I have two types of external hard drives, one for MOVIES with each folder containing a jpeg images that corresponds to it F:/Movies/MovieName which each contains a .jpeg file and then I also have SHOWS folders E:/Shows/ShowName with jpeg in it and subfolders /Season#. I know this is totally possible with apple script as that is what I used before, I am hoping this lovely community can help!

I want to copy all the movies names and jpegs in them to a place on my desktop, and seperately copy all the shows name folders with jpegs in them and season numbered subfolders (I do not need to copy any other files than jpegs in those folders-just subfolders and containing jpegs).

If anyone can provide me a script for that, I would worship you as I have thousands of movies/hundreds of shows and doing it manually would rob me of a life time! :/

Thank you in advance for all your help!

Stazzyboo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2016
Figured it out after research.
Terminal Solution:
rsync -avh --include='*/'--include='*.'{jpg,png}--exclude='*' path/to/sourceFolder/ path/to/destinationFolder

Reactions: superscape
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.