Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadlock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
London, UK
Has anyone else been having issues getting the tvOS 14.0 update to take?

I went to use my AppleTV HD this morning and found the light blinking and the screen unresponsive. I assume that it had tried to update overnight and hung. There’s no way of knowing how long it was down but my son noticed the flashing a couple of goes earlier.

Luckily pulling the cord caused it to reboot and load back into 13.8.

I tried to update manually and it went through stage, then rebooted and hung with a flashing light. After 30 minutes I pulled the cord and we’re back on 13 again

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Mine updated pretty quickly on the evening of the launch, so maybe the servers are just very busy when you're trying. The update for tvOS doesn't seem to be earth-shakingly different so maybe try again in a few days.

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Has anyone else been having issues getting the tvOS 14.0 update to take?

I went to use my AppleTV HD this morning and found the light blinking and the screen unresponsive. I assume that it had tried to update overnight and hung. There’s no way of knowing how long it was down but my son noticed the flashing a couple of goes earlier.

Luckily pulling the cord caused it to reboot and load back into 13.8.

I tried to update manually and it went through stage, then rebooted and hung with a flashing light. After 30 minutes I pulled the cord and we’re back on 13 again
When I installed it, I also thought the install was hanging but it was just very slow. Let it run a bit longer and hopefully it'll get there!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.