Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kickassnik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
earth
Might be to long but here are some Apps/feature that I wish existed please let me know if they do exist or if there is something similar.
Hey everyone first time poster here. I am trying to teach myself Xcode on my Mac but I don't think I could write any of the code needed for these ideas. Also I have JB my iPhone before but don't care to do it again.

I am sure the things that I want can be done with a JB phone but like I said I don't really want to do that with my phone again. My idea is while you're at work (or just doing anything) that every time you open your phone a curtain app will already be up. I am really thinking about at work when I have a jammed schedule and I just want check my iCal i want it to be open as soon as I unlock my phone. It would be nice if there was a setting for 7am-5pm it would do this. Is there any chance that an app could accomplish that? Feel free to laugh or yell at me if this is stupid.

Another idea is an app that would take over your phone from a specific time (work 7am-5pm) and it would not allow access to any apps (FB, Twitter, ect) except for iMessages, Phone calls, and Safari or if you could just pick from all of the apps on your phone which ones could be used. This would force me off my phone for the work hours. Of course a special code could fully unlock all apps but I feel like people (myself) would cheat a lot and unlock the apps. An additional feature could be to schedule a block of time for lunch breaks when you can use the apps? IDK just some idea that would help.

I am looking for a calendar app that doesn't suck. here are some features of a calendar app that would be cool. I have been looking at all types of calendar apps for Mac's (that sync with iPhones) and I came across one that wasn't very good over all (I forget the name) but it had a nice feature of adding in things from your task list into the empty spots in your work time schedule. I want a single work calendar but within that calendar projects that all have different colors. Then each project would have task under it and those task could be put into just random task list that need to be done or a task list that they have to be done in order. it would be nice if you could just add a warning (not an event or task) that would just say "Hey you really need to do this". I like to micro manage (Probably a bad thing) and it would be nice to make every event on the calendar super specific, such as reference other events or task so that no matter what it pushes things back if you haven't checked off the event or task that comes before it. a lot of calendars can send you alerts and it either says something like close or snooze and like my last comment I want to be able to tell the calendar that I have to push things back and I wont be starting that task till a curtain time and to push back all of events or task that are waiting on the event that I am pushing back.

Again if anyone knows of a way to do these things and might want to work together and make any of them possible let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.