Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrischris12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2022
I have both AT&T and Verizon But AT&T is my main carrier. My sister uses my Verizon account.

I have 3 iPads on AT&T. Two for personal use and one for school.
Last month I bought my mom a present. I bought her an iPad Pro 12.9 inch. I got it on installments through Verizon. Two days ago she told me to buy her a galaxy tablet because she doesn’t want the iPad. For some odd reason she’s use to the android system and since her phone is Samsung she wanted a tablet that was Samsung. so I bought her a Samsung Galaxy tablet.

Right now I’m stuck with the Verizon iPad and I still owe $1399 on it. I can’t pay it off in full. So I was thinking of selling the iPad but keeping the iPad plan on my account and paying monthly for it until the installments go down to a amount I can pay in full. I’ve done this before with iPhones and apple watches in the past. I kept the installments after selling then paying them off when the price of the full amount goes lower. But can this be done with an iPad?

are all Verizon iPad pro’s unlocked? I looked in my iPad setting and it has the esim activated. No sims card in the slot: if I remove the esim plan from the iPad directly and reset if, will it give the new owners problems if they choose to activate it on esims or a sims card? I posted this on Reddit but no one really responds to me.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
are all Verizon iPad pro’s unlocked? I looked in my iPad setting and it has the esim activated. No sims card in the slot: if I remove the esim plan from the iPad directly and reset if, will it give the new owners problems if they choose to activate it on esims or a sims card? I posted this on Reddit but no one really responds to me.

SIM card slot is technically unlocked (you'll need to insert a pre-activated SIM if using another carrier). Unless they changed policies recently, the eSIM is locked to Verizon. Regular customer service is unhelpful and will just tell you all iPads are unlocked.

If selling, just sell it as a Verizon iPad. Don't try to sell as SIM-free/unlocked.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.