Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyrewth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm interested in the new Beats X to use with my iPhone, but the wires that attach to the earbuds themselves look way too long and look as if they'd smack into my face. Does anyone have experience with the new Beats X and can they confirm this? Would just like some extra insight.

akil316

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2013
I thought they would be too long for me but its not, but each person is different so the best thing would be to see if you can try a pair somewhere.

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
I have a pair and do think their slightly to long but it's not a deal breaker.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I'm interested in the new Beats X to use with my iPhone, but the wires that attach to the earbuds themselves look way too long and look as if they'd smack into my face. Does anyone have experience with the new Beats X and can they confirm this? Would just like some extra insight.

Unlike the Powerbeats 3, the BeatsX don't have any additional attachment to your ears so a longer wire is required to assure they won't be accidentally pulled out of your ears. I'm sure the engineers tried to settle for a happy medium in terms of length but I can see why they they are a bit longer to allow for freedom of movement while accommodating different sized individuals. I personally don't mind their length but I can see how it may bother people who are looking for a more customized fit.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
I have other BT earphones with more conventional cable lengths, but I find that the additional slack of the BeatsX makes them more comfortable to wear since the earbuds are less prone to be pulled when moving your head, and they also seem to rub less against shirt collars and the like. I have experienced very little cable noise with them so far. I haven't tried them for running though.

The long cable probably also helps to keep them in place when you're wearing them around your neck while not using them (being able to do that is one of the main reasons why I like them, since you can simply wear them all day under your shirt/sweater without having to put a case somewhere).

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Not long for everyone it seems however I'm having them rub against my cheeks a bit. The neckband wraps around my neck and then a bit so that could be the issue, before losing 100lbs it probably would have been fine!

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Not long for everyone it seems however I'm having them rub against my cheeks a bit. The neckband wraps around my neck and then a bit so that could be the issue, before losing 100lbs it probably would have been fine!

Gain those 100lbs back! you can't be walking around with uncomfortable headphones :D

in all seriousness good for you, love to hear stories like that.

Reactions: vito

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Gain those 100lbs back! you can't be walking around with uncomfortable headphones :D

in all seriousness good for you, love to hear stories like that.

haha thanks it's been the hardest thing I've ever had to do but I'm glad I got through it. I've got a little bit left to loose, folk don't recognise me anymore - great feeling!

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
It's slightly long and they loop out either side of my face slightly, but it's not such a minus point that I'd return them. Still very happy with my purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.