Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
I’m wondering if anyone has tried that for the camera button and more battery capacity?

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I have bought several other 11 cases for my XR and they have all worked. Much better selection for 11 cases and I don’t mind the camera opening. I would assume the battery case would fit. Function; I do not know.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBen2493

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Wondering if it would hurt the battery health at all since it’s on a phone it wasn’t technically made for?

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Wondering if it would hurt the battery health at all since it’s on a phone it wasn’t technically made for?
The 11 has only a minor battery size difference. I think you'd be okay. I know on Reddit people have used the XR battery case with the 11. So I think since Apple made both the charging case and device, there is likely a good chance it wouldn't do any harm.

Reactions: BigBen2493

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
The 11 has only a minor battery size difference. I think you'd be okay. I know on Reddit people have used the XR battery case with the 11. So I think since Apple made both the charging case and device, there is likely a good chance it wouldn't do any harm.
I have the XR battery case as well but the case doesn’t let the phone turn off and I have been through 2 of them, after you turn the phone off while plugged in to an outlet 15 min later the phone always turns back on by itself
[automerge]1580100602[/automerge]
I don’t see why you would, it wouldn’t fit properly.
It does fit, big camera space though

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I have the XR battery case as well but the case doesn’t let the phone turn off and I have been through 2 of them, after you turn the phone off while plugged in to an outlet 15 min later the phone always turns back on by itself
[automerge]1580100602[/automerge]

It does fit, big camera space though

Wasn't there a recall on the XR battery case?

But yeah, I'd go for the 11 battery case. I think it'll be fine.

Though I think the iPhone turning itself back on is regular behavior, even with a battery case on it. The current will pass through the case.

It did on my iPhone 7 battery case.

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Wasn't there a recall on the XR battery case?

But yeah, I'd go for the 11 battery case. I think it'll be fine.

Though I think the iPhone turning itself back on is regular behavior, even with a battery case on it. The current will pass through the case.

It did on my iPhone 7 battery case.
Yeah I got this weird thing where I always turn the phone off and charge it when I go to bed, me thinking the phone shouldn’t be on 24/7 maybe it’s just me

Reactions: Septembersrain
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.