Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
Hi,

So I'm trying to add a 'global' affect to a layer in Photoshop. What I mean is if I have a layer with for example various brush types, that are currently the colour black, what do I add to that layer to change ALL the brushes to a different colour? I've tried layer mask but that it do mask things below that layers, not to change the colour of it.

It's very easy, I know, I've done it a thousand times before but I can't for the life of me remember what it is.

Greatly appreciated!

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
That sort of works but it's not what I used before.

Before I had a layer with a white box, representing the page, then another box next to that representing the colour. By clicking on the coloured box (on the same layer) I could change the colour of the whole layer...

A mystery...

ProwlingTiger

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Color...?

That with some kind of layer effect.

Photo Filter?

I'd just try all the options under the 'Layer' menu, I'm sure it's probably one of them.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Color...?

That with some kind of layer effect.

That's something like what I had, only that change the entire layer i.e fills it with colour. What I want to do is change the Colour of multiple brushes on that layer, not the background...

ProwlingTiger

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
That's something like what I had, only that change the entire layer i.e fills it with colour. What I want to do is change the Colour of multiple brushes on that layer, not the background...

If you do that and add a clipping mask to it above the layer with the brush strokes, I think it will do what you want it to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.