Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
right almost 3 weeks ago i got a sigma 105mm macro lens. Great lens, i love it. This weekend the forecast is amazing weather so i plan on taking nice macro shots. Well just attached my lens and it wont move the aperture blades. Camera focuses and meters but the lens is stuck at f32. The little lever on the lens mount is stuck too. Guess i have ti return it on monday. I didnt drop it either. This sucks!!

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
3 WEEKS ago.. so this is almost new.. took about 70 shots with it so far...

ARGHHH... well there goes the weekend shots.. wonder if my 50mm with some extension tubes would double as a decent macro...

oh well..kinda sucks...

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
3 WEEKS ago.. so this is almost new.. took about 70 shots with it so far...

ARGHHH... well there goes the weekend shots.. wonder if my 50mm with some extension tubes would double as a decent macro...

oh well..kinda sucks...

3 weeks, 70 shots???
I got my Canon 100mm macro 2 days ago and have seriously taken over 500 pics! I LOVE this lens!!
What kind of warranty is on the your lens? For $60 I got a 3 year full/accidental coverage from B&H. Seemed like a no brainer, 60 bucks to protect a $500 lens for 3 years.

Hopefully you can get yours replaced.. Let us know! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.