Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
There's a choice of subjects for this month's assignment - after some late voting.

So you've got Quiet or Transportation - or both if you're feeling clever!

The idea is that members will go out and try to find their own way of interpreting the monthly theme thus improving their photographic eye. Posting is open to all MR members, and encouraged.

You must have taken the picture yourself between 7 and 30 November 2006. If you took a picture that fits the assignment but was taken earlier, then post it in the Gallery: Quiet or Transportation thread instead.

Anyone can enter from those with (D)SLRs from P&S to cameraphones although they should be pictures that you think are good rather than just snapshots. The goal is not to 'win' but to share the enjoyment of taking pictures and learn from others.

Some basic rules on commenting (basically be nice!) are listed. Changes to the rules should be discussed there just as remarks about the topic(s) chosen should be kept in the poll thread. Let's keep this thread just pictures and comments on them if possible

Post your pictures in this thread by the end of November with a title and we'll start commenting (make sure you title your comments referencing the pic you are commenting on)

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Rising to the occasion

"Should have gone to the top"

Eiffel-up.jpg

A phenominally empty elevator in the Eiffel Tower.
1/20sec@ f/2.8 (A80 @ 8mm)

-hh

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I know it many of you this may not fit "Quiet", but I think it (sort of) does, and quite frankly, I'm afraid of how slowly this month's assignment is going. :eek:

And besides, the beaches in Australia are never this dead and empty, not even at sunset.

Attachments

• 2006-11-13 Sunset North Beach 24.jpg
    2006-11-13 Sunset North Beach 24.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 131

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
Nothing really hit me too hard... So...

This is "quiet" because I turned my volume on my guitar all the way down to zero.

normal_DSC01410.JPG

macbookprouser

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2006
especially because it's sort of 'blocking out' the car thats in the background.. making it super quiet infact.

very warm :)

i dont even know where that bike came from, i just told my sister to hop on it. the fact that its a granny bike made the picture all that more funny.

gibbon

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2005
Scotland
i dont even know where that bike came from, i just told my sister to hop on it. the fact that its a granny bike made the picture all that more funny.

You mean you stole some poor old granny's bike to take the photo? Crumbs, anything goes on MR! I can just picture her coming out of a shop and chasing your sister down the street, handbag swinging...:)

Lewis22

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2006
southwest MI
Flight

Taken on my way back from Chicago in early November
2r40cvq.jpg

Pentax K100D
1/125s @f/8
ISO:200
55mm

Here's an image my girlfriend took on the same trip
2eltgle.jpg

Pentax K100D
0.7s @ f/9.5
ISO:200
18mm

cookie1105

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2006
London, UK
Skatekid

Well, inspiration has been a long time in coming to me for this months assignment but I eventually decided to get off of my lazy butt and get down to the local skate park. This kid was absolutely incredible!! He is 7 :eek: yes, 7 years old and according to his Dad been skating for three years. This is my first time shooting skating so any critique would be appreciated. Next plan, get the bloody flash off camera!

Hope you like the picture.

skate5_web.jpg

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Well, inspiration has been a long time in coming to me for this months assignment but I eventually decided to get off of my lazy butt and get down to the local skate park. This kid was absolutely incredible!! He is 7 :eek: yes, 7 years old and according to his Dad been skating for three years. This is my first time shooting skating so any critique would be appreciated. Next plan, get the bloody flash off camera!

Hope you like the picture.

skate5_web.jpg
Love it! I was still scared of skateboards at seven.:eek: Glad you got off yer butt and got creative!:)

L

Lau

I had to get one into this one because I seem to spend my life taking pictures on or of transportation. Apart from this month, it seems, as 'tis a mad one.

But, earlier in the month I took this one, as it seemed to sum up my transport situation at the time — sitting on steamed up buses in the rain. :p It reminded me of a painting the way the window was wiped and things were reflecting and showing through. I'd have liked it to be sharper, but haven't had time to retake it.

img4002ta8.jpg

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
"Invalides" RER to Metro

Finally getting back to some photo stuff.

A deserted Metro stop in Paris.

Invalides(5720).jpg

Canon A80
14 Nov 06 - 11:00pm (local)
1/4sec @ f/2.8
No ISO recorded; 7.8mm (max wide)

-hh

cookie1105

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2006
London, UK
Maybe Applespider is away. Should we start a theme suggestion thread anyway?

Whoops, reminder to self! Read all threads before posting

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.