Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Wow, we're going to try and come up with a topic for June's assignment.

PEOPLE is automatically in the voting because it was the runner-up from the Assignment #11's poll (there was no vote for Assignment #12).

Topics you CAN'T suggest for this month (from Assignment #11's poll):

-Clutter
-Old
-Orange (colour)
-Shallow (depth of field)
-Stone
-Texture

The previous assignments list (with links to the polls and threads) so you can what we've already had is below.

Previous Assignments
Assignment 1 - Holiday Preparation (multiple threads)
Assignment 2 - Cold
Assignment 3 - Nature in Unexpected Places
Assignment 4 - Insanity of Humanity or Metal
Assignment 5 - Water
Assignment 6 - Contrasts
Assignment 7 - Yellow
Assignment 8 - Buildings/Urban
Assignment 9 - Doorknobs
Assignment 10 - Motion or Transformation
Assignment 11 - Quiet or Transportation
Assignment 12 - Darkness and Light (Holidays)

If you haven't participated before, or if you simply forgot, READ THESE RULES!!

gphoto

macrumors member
May 23, 2007
U.S.
White? Happiness? White over happiness though. White is both beautiful and challenging to photograph.

jayb2000

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2003
RI -> CA -> ME
Well, I still like HEAT
Cold has already been done, but I missed it.
I kind of like the idea of photographing something you can't directly see.

I think "people" is way too broad. It just seems that if we did "workers" or "players" or something like that, it might be a bit more focused but still flexible.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Some of these are great ideas, but I just want to tell all of you that in the MacRumours past, a long long time ago, we had a lot of trouble shooting a topic because the topic was too difficult. They sound good on paper, but if you're not going out to shoot every single day, do you think you'll have an opportunity to capture what you suggest?

The topic I mentioned was "Nature in Unexpected Places", if I remember correctly. Not many people even bothered participating, which didn't make for a good assignment for this forum, which is not on a message board dedicated to photography. :eek:

"The Sky" sounds pretty sweet. :)

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Nice to see this coming back! I don't care what the assignment is, I prefer a topic that leaves me a challenge and not something I have taken hundreds of pics of already. New to photography < four years and my library has about six thousand photos of waves (keepers.):p :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.