Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What Should the Assignment Be?

• Danger

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Biker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Animal "Skin"

• Your Place

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Neighborhood

• Sound

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginning and End of Life

• Technological and Mechanical Beauty

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Water on a Surface

• Verticality

• Tires

• Things That Fly

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

termina3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
TX
I'm stepping in for Abstract for a month or two; we'll see how I do, and go from there!

Rather than have a 4 or 5 day opening for submissions this month, we're going to move straight into September. Because we've gotten a head-start, I'll open a poll somewhere around August 24th to end near the 31st.

"Danger" is automatically in the voting because it was the runner-up from the Assignment #14 vote. We need to come up with new topic suggestions again!

The previous assignments list (with links to the polls and threads) so you can what we've already had is below.

Previous Assignments
Assignment 1 - Holiday Preparation (multiple threads)
Assignment 2 - Cold
Assignment 3 - Nature in Unexpected Places
Assignment 4 - Insanity of Humanity or Metal
Assignment 5 - Water
Assignment 6 - Contrasts
Assignment 7 - Yellow
Assignment 8 - Buildings/Urban
Assignment 9 - Doorknobs
Assignment 10 - Motion or Transformation
Assignment 11 -Quiet or Transportation
Assignment 12 - Darkness and Light (Holidays)
Assignment 13 - Steps
Assignment 14 - Wreck and Ruin

If you haven't participated before, or if you simply forgot, READ THESE RULES!!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Nice. ;)

Next month, if you want to start a thread for October, you can just click the "EDIT" button on this post, and copy and paste the text into your new thread, which copies all the links across. Should take you 2 minutes next time. :)

PS: I've asked the mods to make this thread a sticky, so you don't need to ask.

PPS: My topic suggestion is "Water on a surface"

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
"The beginning and end of life."

I'm not really sure if that captures what I'm angling towards, so let me describe subjects. The change of the seasons (Winter->Spring; Summer->Fall) in September, kids and old people, sort of a early life/late life thing.

J'aime

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2007
I think i'll throw "Sound" in the bucket. Maybe it's a little abstract, so i'll do a little explaining.

I believe good photography appeals to all the senses and sound is probably one of the hardest to capture. So think of a sound and go try to shoot it. Or think of a moment when sound is crucial and try to capture it.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Thanks, termina3 for stepping up. I am pretty new to photography so I'll play along with whatever the vote is. Some of the above suggestions would be way too easy for me... Abstract.:p;):D

JMD123

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2007
Work for someone

I just stumbled on to this site.... I think its great... It would be cool if we could get someone to sponer these contest... nothing huge maybe a prize worth 50 bucks and some outside judging... Oh and when I say we I mean someone else other than me.

J

termina3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
TX
Thanks, termina3 for stepping up. I am pretty new to photography so I'll play along with whatever the vote is. Some of the above suggestions would be way too easy for me... Abstract.:p;):D

Easy is good :) . It lets lots of people with all sorts of experience participate.

I just stumbled on to this site.... I think its great... It would be cool if we could get someone to sponer these contest... nothing huge maybe a prize worth 50 bucks and some outside judging... Oh and when I say we I mean someone else other than me.

J

Above my paygrade :)

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
"Your Place"
Inspired by epicwelshman and suggested by JMD123 on the picture of the day thread. You could either take a photo showing the view from your home i.e out of the window, front door, or a photo of your street or a photo of your home from your street. Basically a picture that says this is the environment I live in.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
TX
Suggestions are hereby closed (but remember any you have for next month!). Poll is now open, and will close in 7 days--September 5th!

Vote or DIE!

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Suggestions are hereby closed (but remember any you have for next month!). Poll is now open, and will close in 7 days--September 5th!

Vote or DIE!

9/5? Gah!

I'll be on the road again and not necessarily able to see what topic won.

I'll have to hope that 'Tech/Mechanical' wins, as I'm probably going to be able to get to both the Mercedes and Porsche museums in Stuttgart.

-hh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.