Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoak

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
I thought I had an acid flash back some weeks back when I saw a woman walking a pig in February. Note the frosen fjord in the background, it´s actually a beach we use a lot in the summer. People go swimming there, the water is nice and warm.
Unfortunatly I only had my Sony Ericcson K750 with me, and the photo is cropped, so you loose even more resolution.

So it´s only a "fun" picture

Attachments

• Pig on snow.jpg
    Pig on snow.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 202

yoak

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
Here is a more interesting picture, but again taken with my camera phone.
It was this big window next to our studio that was covered in iceicles. Made for an interesting view. Shame about the quality of the camera

Attachments

• Iceicles.jpg
    Iceicles.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 170

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
yoak said:
Here is a more interesting picture, but again taken with my camera phone.
It was this big window next to our studio that was covered in iceicles. Made for an interesting view. Shame about the quality of the camera
Nice concept! But it would be nice if it were more vivid and better quality. Sorry about that. :(

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
yoak said:
I thought I had an acid flash back some weeks back when I saw a woman walking a pig in February. Note the frosen fjord in the background, it´s actually a beach we use a lot in the summer. People go swimming there, the water is nice and warm.
Unfortunatly I only had my Sony Ericcson K750 with me, and the photo is cropped, so you loose even more resolution.

So it´s only a "fun" picture

Oh, my gosh, that's really weird! Now that's an unusual situation!

Do you still have snow now in mid-March? Brrrr!

platypus63

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
Zanzibar Land
My first picture post!
I took it on my trip to india last year. It's not really nature in an unexpected place, but i really love the shot, and i thought it'd be nice to post. Also is there a way to post pictures without shrinking them down and downgrading the pictures, this used to be 2mb, now its down to 236kb for uploading, so it's lost some of its clarity.

Monkey on Stick1.jpg

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
platypus63 said:
My first picture post!
I took it on my trip to india last year. It's not really nature in an unexpected place, but i really love the shot, and i thought it'd be nice to post. Also is there a way to post pictures without shrinking them down and downgrading the pictures, this used to be 2mb, now its down to 236kb for uploading, so it's lost some of its clarity.

What an interesting shot! Even though it wasn't shot within the time period specified for this assignment, it's neat to see anyway.

The way most of us share photos on here is to "hotlink" them from a website, either your own or one such as PBase, Smugmug, Photobucket, Image Shack or Flickr..... you simply upload the image to that site, then in here when you're in the reply section, you click on the small picture with the thing that looks like a mountain, which is at the top of the reply area along with other tools such as fonts, italics, page justification, etc.... Clicking on that brings up a small area asking for a URL and you simply type in the URL of your image. That will then insert your image into the body of your message. I usually check the "preview post" feature to make sure that the image I've linked to is the right one, the right size and so on before then submitting the post.

Hope that helps!

Applespider

macrumors G4
The assignment for March is 'Nature in Unexpected Places' and you can find those pictures here

You must have taken the picture yourself between 8 and 31 March to post there. If you have a great 'Nature in Unexpected Places' photo that you took earlier than this, then feel free to post it in this thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.