Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
Suggestions for Assignment 6 should go here... Ideas by Friday evening - vote by Monday evening and let's get started.

Relationships (human or otherwise) goes in automatically as the runner-up from last month's poll. Other ideas are most welcome but remember - keep them simple! And avoid any others from the Assignment 5 list!

The previous assignments list (with links to the polls and threads) so you can what we've already had is below.

Previous Assignments
Assignment 1 - Holiday Preparation (multiple threads)
Assignment 2 - Cold
Assignment 3 - Nature in Unexpected Places
Assignment 4 - Insanity of Humanity or Metal
Assignment 5 - Water

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Since Cold has been an assignment, and it's now Summer, Heat/Hot would be an obvious suggestion... ;)

Even if there's little chance of a heatwave here in Bergen the next two weeks or so, in fact I will be surprised if the temperature goes over 15°C (59°F) the next couple of weeks... :rolleyes:

mcmadhatter

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2005
Bath, UK
Automation (not necassarily automotive) could be machinary, industrial or anything really that is a remote or automated process:confused:

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
cookie1105 said:
Conflict.

I love the idea, I really do, but that's easy to shoot whatsoever, and maybe you weren't around several months ago, but we found that topics that sound great aren't necessarily easy to shoot, which lead to very little participation. :eek:

Applespider said:
There's already a currently active thread on Grafitti and Urban Art
Ah yes, but they weren't taken after voting is over (probably June 7th-9th?).

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Why not Light - vague enough, yet it lends itself to a wide interpretation of what light to show or lack there of.

D

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Mr. Anderson said:
Why not Light - vague enough, yet it lends itself to a wide interpretation of what light to show or lack there of.

D

In my very first photography class, this was one of our assignments, and it was amazing the different interpretations of this seemingly simple word and concept! One guy unfortunately did take it a little too literally and proudly presented a well-exposed, perfectly focused photograph of a lightbulb!

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
So far, we have

Relationships
Yellow
Heat/Hot - (do we want to save this for July/August since likely to be hotter?)
Automation
Conflict
Contrasts
Light
Time
Contradictions

Since there's already an active grafitti thread, I haven't listed it above. Are there any other subjects that we think we should rule out or get clarification on before I set up a poll on these?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.