Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hamster100

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2016
Although I don't need to use Assistive Touch for impairment reasons, I think it could still be a pretty cool feature to use anyway. But the reason I do not use it is that it always highlights the complication with a blue outline when you raise your wrist...which I don't need or want. I have searched through all the menus to reactive and online but nothing explains how to do this. Does anyone know how to remove this highlight? Thanks

gottafly

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
This “Assistive Touch” is a CURSE for me! at one point (a watch or two ago) I had activated it, but now I can’t get rid of it!! Every menu option on both the Watch & iPhone Watch App has been turned off, but the blue outline indicating Assistive Touch is on remains on my watch (now Ultra). How in the heck to get rid of this thing? It’s obviously a bug, but has anyone experienced this and (hopefully) found a solution?? Thanks is advance.

gottafly

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
In the Watch app :

General - Accessibility - Assistive Touch - Hand Gestures - Activation Gesture - turn off Visual Signal.

Restart your Watch.

Done ;-)
Thanks, Haga. That seems to have done the trick. I had made those changes previously w/ no joy, but the Restart did the made the difference!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.