Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
hopefully there's something else.
[doublepost=1505332910][/doublepost]reached out via twitter and said the new iPhone information will be released tomorrow. didn't specify if there is another promo or official promo but hopefully tomorrow.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
it's a $650 bill credit paid out every month on your bill. if you cancel service i think you need to pay the balance on both phones

Dizzy714

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
So how exactly does this work? Can you pay off the remaining balance immediately and accept your monthly bill credit for 24 months so it cancels itself out on the bill?

That's what my lady did with the promotion offered last year, though last year it was a 'AT&T will buy your current phone for $650 in 24 month credit installments' deal. She paid the remaining balance (which was $200) which dropped the monthly to $27, which is exactly what the monthly installment credit was so it cancels itself out on the bill every month.

I guess I'm just confused with how the monthly will work. $650 equates to $27/month over 24 months, so had she not paid off the remaining balance of the phone she got it would have been $34/month or something like that. Well, since this deal is taking two phones from the floor, how will that work?

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
So how exactly does this work? Can you pay off the remaining balance immediately and accept your monthly bill credit for 24 months so it cancels itself out on the bill?

That's what my lady did with the promotion offered last year, though last year it was a 'AT&T will buy your current phone for $650 in 24 month credit installments' deal. She paid the remaining balance (which was $200) which dropped the monthly to $27, which is exactly what the monthly installment credit was so it cancels itself out on the bill every month.

I guess I'm just confused with how the monthly will work. $650 equates to $27/month over 24 months, so had she not paid off the remaining balance of the phone she got it would have been $34/month or something like that. Well, since this deal is taking two phones from the floor, how will that work?
Nope. You lose the credit if you pay off or upgrade.

Last year, if she hadn't paid off the balance, that would've been $27/mo that she'll be paying. With the credit, she ended up paying $0/mo ($27 monthly installment - $27 credit). However, she has to keep that for 24 months or she loses the credit. If you upgrade this year, you will add the full installment amount to your bill.

Reactions: Dizzy714

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
image.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.