Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacUzer1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
New Jersey
I keep trying to put in my imei to get a Verizon sim and no matter what I do it keeps saying my iPhone is incompatible

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
When I first got the SIM-free Max and put in the SIM that was in my iPhone X, Verizon could not identify the phone for several days in the app and online. Yesterday, I checked and Verizon correctly sees I have the XS Max.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
I bought my Max directly from Verizon. I tested a T-Mobile sim and it would not recognize the sim for 1 day. The next day I tried and it worked perfectly.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
I keep trying to put in my imei to get a Verizon sim and no matter what I do it keeps saying my iPhone is incompatible

I got my XsMAX exchanges at the Apple store yesterday. And there is a Factory Menu. That only New Phones display. It’s a Menu you don’t see even after a Full factory reset.

The Menu list all compatible carriers.
Sprint, at&t, Verizon, T-Mobile, are all compatible from the Same device.

ThatGuyInLa

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2012
SC
I was on the phone with Verizon for three hours, for real, launch day trying to get my phone activated. The support rep said a ton of phones bought from Apple for their network were having the same issue. She claimed after this three hours we were the first on their supprt team to find the solution. Much joy was to he had. She pinged her support channel to let the other reps know. Heh.

Also, I still only have two bars instead of four. As I had with all previous devices. :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.