Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnappleseed

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
So I recently switched my AT&T plan over to the new unlimited plus plan that includes the tethering option because my FAN discount is now applied to the unlimited plus plan as of last month. My question is, I know you get 10 GB of tethering per line at 4G speeds then it's supposedly throttled to 128 Kbps, but has anyone used more than 10 GB and continues to receive 4G speeds?

thomasanderson

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
Havent used over the 10gb threshold yet, and I dont know any one that has. A few Verizon users have reported that their speed has yet to be throttled well over 10gb. Just curious, how did you get your FAN discount applied? At&t wont let me apply mine to the unlimited plan.

Reactions: eagleglen

iphone1027

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2008
Havent used over the 10gb threshold yet, and I dont know any one that has. A few Verizon users have reported that their speed has yet to be throttled well over 10gb. Just curious, how did you get your FAN discount applied? At&t wont let me apply mine to the unlimited plan.
I'm curious too as to how you were able to apply your FAN discount to the new AT&T plans. I was not able to do so.

jnappleseed

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
I have the IMO fan discounts. I logged into the IMO portal and there was a message stating the terms had been tweaked to allow the 57% discount on the plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.