Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Curious if anyone else on AT&T is having issues setting up WiFi calling on their new X?

I actually work for AT&T so I was able to clean slate the feature on my account. During the new setup process I was able to go through the steps to set it up and completed it, but it never activated. Now when I try to set it up again, it just gives me the option to change my E911 address.

Just curious if anyone else is having an issue too before I submit a ticket. Thanks!

elmo0629

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2012
Dallas, TX
Curious if anyone else on AT&T is having issues setting up WiFi calling on their new X?

I actually work for AT&T so I was able to clean slate the feature on my account. During the new setup process I was able to go through the steps to set it up and completed it, but it never activated. Now when I try to set it up again, it just gives me the option to change my E911 address.

Just curious if anyone else is having an issue too before I submit a ticket. Thanks!

I am so glad to have seen your post as I am having the exact same problem. I have started almost 15 chars with AT&T support and keep getting disconnected. So far it is not fixed and no one has helped me. I do know, on my online account, it does show I have WiFi calling, but the error I get is to contact AT&T to activate the feature (or something to that nature).

Reactions: Statusnone88

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I am so glad to have seen your post as I am having the exact same problem. I have started almost 15 chars with AT&T support and keep getting disconnected. So far it is not fixed and no one has helped me. I do know, on my online account, it does show I have WiFi calling, but the error I get is to contact AT&T to activate the feature (or something to that nature).

Yeah after 4 hours, I think it’s just a system issue. Should be fixed by tonight/tomorrow.

elmo0629

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2012
Dallas, TX
Yeah after 4 hours, I think it’s just a system issue. Should be fixed by tonight/tomorrow.

I did wonder if it was just a server issue with all the phones being activated on launch day and so it cannot handle the WiFi activation request right now. I hope it does resolve itself. I am just happy to know I am not alone. :)

Chandypants

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
I was able to get it to activate after a restart... kept getting the message to contact att before that. But after I restarted, it activated the 1st try.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I was able to get it to activate after a restart... kept getting the message to contact att before that. But after I restarted, it activated the 1st try.

Tried rebooting. Didn’t do anything.

Last edited:

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Did you ever find a solution? I am having the same issue on AT&T with X

Yes. Call AT&T and have them remove the feature from your account. Then you should be able to re add it through your phone.

amberd402

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
I had this same issue. I had to reset the phone about 6 times and kept turning wifi calling off and back on about a dozen times until it finally worked. We have 3 new iphone X's on our account and we had the same issue with all 3 of them!!

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
I was able to activate my iPhone 8 Plus. Now the WiFi calling goes on and off. It’s not steady anymore. It could be an issue with the 11.2 update. Many people from sprint are having the same issue as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.