Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

getheo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Hello. I have an LG oled c8 and an Apple TV 4K. When I see Greyhound from the apple tv app on the tv, the movie plays normally. When I play the movie from the apple tv 4k it is sluggish. Every 2secs I can see a lag, maybe it does not show 2-3 frames.

My connection is 100/10MBps. I restored the apple tv 4k to factory default. The same behavior was on ios 13 too. Now it has ios14. I changed the hdmi cable too. Any ideas?

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Hello. I have an LG oled c8 and an Apple TV 4K. When I see Greyhound from the apple tv app on the tv, the movie plays normally. When I play the movie from the apple tv 4k it is sluggish. Every 2secs I can see a lag, maybe it does not show 2-3 frames.

My connection is 100/10MBps. I restored the apple tv 4k to factory default. The same behavior was on ios 13 too. Now it has ios14. I changed the hdmi cable too. Any ideas?
Are these both on? You could always go and change Dolby Vision to just 24 Hz since this film is 4k, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos) on Apple TV.

Are you using a AVR? If so make sure its firmware is up to date for pass through of 4K DV. Some AVR's have issues with a AVR UI graphics active when doing pass through of 4K DV. Very recent AVRs have worked around that.

AppleTV-Match-Frame-Rate.jpg

getheo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Are these both on? You could always go and change Dolby Vision to just 24 Hz since this film is 4k, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos) on Apple TV.

Are you using a AVR? If so make sure its firmware is up to date for pass through of 4K DV. Some AVR's have issues with a AVR UI graphics active when doing pass through of 4K DV. Very recent AVRs have worked around that.

AppleTV-Match-Frame-Rate.jpg

It was march frame rate! Thank you very much!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.